ADA Awards 2018 Dental Student Scholarships
The ADA Foundation named on 11th April, the seven dental students who will receive its 2018 Dental Student Scholarships. Each scholarship is valued at $20,000.
The ADA Foundation Dental Student Scholarship Program is designed to recognise dental students who are strong academically and who demonstrate outstanding promise in leadership, public service, and/or research.
The 2018 ADA Foundation Dental Student Scholarship recipients are:
- Angelica Chaghouri, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, Los Angeles: ADA Foundation Dr. Robert B. Dewhirst Dental Student Scholarship
- Andrew Cook, Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine, Glendale, Arizona: ADA Foundation Dental Student Scholarship
- Curtis Herzog, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor: ADA Foundation Robert J. Sullivan Scholarship
- Lauren Langlois, Louisiana State University Health Science Center School of Dentistry, New Orleans: ADA Foundation Robert J. Sullivan Scholarship
- Jessica Latimer, University of Washington School of Dentistry, Seattle: ADA Foundation Robert J. Sullivan Scholarship
- Craig Young, Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine, Glendale, Arizona: ADA Foundation Robert J. Sullivan Scholarship
- James Zaiger, University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry, Los Angeles: ADA Foundation Dr. Robert B. Dewhirst Dental Student Scholarship
“The number of applications was astounding, and the quality was absolutely amazing,” said Bill Calnon, D.D.S., president of the ADA Foundation. “I congratulate the recipients, and I would like to thank all who put their applications forward. We hope that this helps your career in many ways and that it shows one more way that the ADA Foundation cares about your success.”
Dental students must be enrolled full-time in their second year of study at the time of application and currently enrolled at a dental school accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation to be eligible. The Robert J. Sullivan and Dr. Robert B. Dewhirst Scholarships are named after significant donors to this program.