Cooper, Farley Offer Digital Dentures Course
Valerie Cooper, DDS, and Nate Farley, DDS, will present a two-day course, "Digital Dentures - A Comprehensive Review," next month in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The course will start at 8 AM Friday, 16th February , and conclude at 5 PM Saturday, 17th February. It will be held at AvaDent Digital Dental Solutions' headquarters at 15730 North 83rd Way.
Attendees will earn 14 CE credits via PACE for completing the course. To register, click here.
"For many years, dentures have had little progression,” the event’s website says. "With the rise of digital technologies, the denture process has stood on its head. Digital dentures are exploding throughout our industry with all major players working on their own methods. We are all faced with choosing a system and knowing how to navigate the differences in this digital workflow.
"This course is for everyone, whether you are a doctor, educator, or technician. While the course is being held at AvaDent headquarters, the course is meant to cover digital dentures in general. We plan to touch on all systems and discuss the pros and cons of each. Because we are going to be at AvaDent though, we will be able to take a tour to see how they work their magic.”
Topics to be covered include:
- Basics of dentures
- Basics of digital (in general)
- How digital dentures can be more profitable
- Using intraoral scanners
- Border moulding principles (including hands on practice with chewing gum)
- Review of available systems with pros and cons of each
- How to shorten the number of appointments
- Learn multiple techniques for gathering records
- Options for digitising impressions and records
- A glimpse into what might be possible in the future with Virtual Reality (yes, you get to try VR glasses)
- Discussion on options for teeth and where things are likely going
- Learn about the pros and cons of CAM (milling vs. printing)
Cooper presented at the 2017 IDT International Digital Denture Symposium.