Second Annual NuSmile Summit Set For 15th-16th February 2019
NuSmile Ltd., the worldwide leader in paediatric aesthetic restorative dentistry, announced on 4th October that the second annual NuSmile Summit will be held 15th-16th February 2019 in Clearwater Beach, Florida. The event’s format allows doctors and their team members to create their own schedule by choosing the specific courses that best meet their individual needs. Attendees will receive up to 16 continuing education credits from a combination of hands-on and lecture courses taught by several of the world’s most respected pediatric dentistry experts.
“When we conceived the NuSmile Summit over two years ago, our vision was a simple one: to create the premier continuing education event in paediatric dentistry,” said Ms. Diane Johnson Krueger, NuSmile founder and CEO. “The response we got from attendees of last year’s inaugural event told us we were on the right track, leading us to add a whole new Dental Team Member Curriculum. We’re convinced that this year’s Summit will be the finest event of its kind ever held.”
“We’re very excited to invite dental team members to attend our Summit courses and learn from the distinguished experts we’ve been able to assemble to lead them,” said Mr. Mike Loessberg, NuSmile Director of Sales, U.S. and Canada. “We’re especially proud our ‘Progressive Esthetics’ hands-on workshop, which provides everything doctors and their teams need to know about pediatric esthetic crown treatment.” According to Mr. Loessberg, workshop topics include treatment planning and the Express Prep technique, as well as high-yield, detail- oriented tips and tricks around proper cementation of paediatric zirconia and pre-veneered crowns.
Throughout the course of the Summit, doctors and their staffs will be able to choose from an unmatched array of course options:
Doctor curriculum (up to 16 CE credits)
• “Esthetic Primary Crowns and Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF): A Perfect Match” (LaRee Johnson, DDS, MS)
• “Radiographic Findings in Pediatric Diseases” (Shailesh Kottal, DDS)
• “Managing Those Hair Pulling Out, Drive You to Drink, Make You Want to Scream Situations in Pediatric Dentistry (Bill Waggoner, DDS, MS)
• “New Approaches to Pediatric Pulp Therapy” (Jessica Lee, DDS, MPH, PhD)
• “Pedonomics and Pedometrics” (Roger G. Sanger, DDS, MSD)
• “Managed Care Insurance and Pediatric Dentistry – Opportunities or Problems?” (Dr. Sanger)
• “Advanced Zirconia Treatment Cases” (David Evans, DMD / David Salar, DMD / Eric Ellis, DMD) Dental team curriculum (up to 14 CE credits)
• “Infection Control – Do You Know the Nitty Gritty?” (Rhea Haugseth, DMD)
• “Parents – Are Yours Backseat Drivers?” (Dr. Haugseth)
• “Know it, Show it and Sell it – Getting Parents to Say Yes” (Dr. Haugseth)
• “Telling your Story on Facebook and Instagram” (Scott Childress)
• “Big Bad Fluoride – Why the Controversy?” (Stacey Zaikoski, DDS)
• “Behavior Guidance for the Pediatric Dental Team” (Dr. Zaikoski) Hands-on workshop (full day)
• “Progressive Esthetics” (David Salar, DMD; David Evans, DMD; Eric Ellis, DMD)
The event’s keynote speaker will again be Mr. Gary Zelesky, who will speak on the theme, “Developing Passionate Leadership, Leading Passionate Lives.” Mr. Zelesky’s presentation at last year’s NuSmile Summit helped convince Twana Duncan, DDS of Antlers, OK to bring her 14-person staff to the 2019 Summit. “I found his speech to be so inspirational that I immediately thought, if my team could hear this, we would definitely be having a lot more positivity in our morning planning meetings,” said Dr. Duncan. “Also, we have a lot of new staff members, and they need to be able to talk knowledgeably to our parents and explain things like why we’re recommending a zirconia crown even though it might not be covered by the patient’s insurance. I also knew that my staff would feel comfortable asking questions in the Summit environment.”
The 2019 NuSmile Summit will again take place at the luxurious Grand Wyndham Resort in Clearwater Beach, Florida, named the “No. 1 Beach in the U.S.” by Trip Advisor. To take full advantage of this beautiful location, Summit attendees will have the option of participating in several fun activities, including Friday morning yoga on the beach, a Friday afternoon beach party, a Friday sunset reception at the pool, a Saturday morning 3K run, and a Saturday afternoon beach/pool party. NuSmile will be awarding three residents scholarships to attend the 2019 NuSmile Summit. The scholarship includes registration, Thursday & Friday night hotel accommodations, breakfast & lunch for Friday and Saturday, as well as all of the extracurricular events scheduled for the weekend.