The company’s latest innovations were highlighted as part of their journey in driving the future of digital orthodontics and dentistry
Align Technology recently hosted the 2023 Invisalign APAC Summit in Singapore from 22 – 25 June. The event brought together nearly 1,000 orthodontists, general practitioner (GP) dentists, and clinic staff from 18 countries across the Asia Pacific region. The summit focused on showcasing Invisalign and iTero products, the Align Digital Platform™, and recent and upcoming innovations. Attendees had the opportunity to learn from their peers about digital transformation and its positive impact on the patient treatment journey.
The summit provided valuable peer-to-peer clinical education and networking opportunities, covering key trends and Align innovations relevant to digital practice transformation. Expert sessions focused on enhancing treatment planning efficiency, optimizing digital workflows, addressing the unique needs of teens and younger patients, and exploring other important aspects of digitally-driven orthodontic practices. Attendees also had hands-on experience with the Align Digital Platform™ and its various workflow steps.
Align Technology has been a leader in the dental and orthodontic industry for over 26 years, with more than 243,000 Invisalign trained doctors treating over 15.1 million patients globally, including 4.1 million teens, with the Invisalign System. The company has made a significant investment of US$2 billion in technology and innovation by the end of 2022, with an additional spend of approximately US$250 million each year. This level of investment sets Align apart in the orthodontic industry and has positioned them as leaders in shaping the future of orthodontics through digital transformation.
Raj Pudipeddi, Chief Product & Marketing Officer, Executive Vice President, and Managing Director APAC, stated that Align Technology is well-positioned to seize the opportunity in the orthodontic industry, which has low global and Asia Pacific penetration for clear aligners. He emphasized that Invisalign, along with iTero, exocad, and Vivera, forms the Align Digital Platform™, a comprehensive solution trusted by both doctors and patients. Align Technology has launched significant innovations in the past year and will continue to enhance the Align Digital Platform™ and introduce new capabilities to improve clinical outcomes and enhance patient experiences, enabling practice growth.
Align Technology leads the way in digital transformation, offering a suite of innovative digital tools that provide a seamless end-to-end digital experience for doctors and their patients. Recent innovations include the following:
- ClinCheck® Live Update for 3D Controls – enables doctors to generate modified Invisalign patient treatment plans in real-time, reducing modifications that used to take weeks to as little as two minutes, improving practice productivity significantly, while also improving the quality of treatment plans.
- Invisalign® Personalized Plan – streamlines the treatment planning process and helps doctors achieve their desired treatment plans more consistently and efficiently.
- Invisalign Smile Architect™ – allows general dentists to integrate clear aligner therapy into their comprehensive treatment plans by combining teeth alignment and restorative planning in a single platform.
- Invisalign® Virtual Care – equips doctors with a next generation remote monitoring solution that has new artificial intelligence-assisted capabilities to streamline their workflows.
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) – enables doctors to visualize a patient’s roots as part of the digital treatment planning process.
- Invisalign Outcome Simulator Pro – available on iTero Element Plus Series scanners and imaging systems. Invisalign Outcome Simulator Pro expands Align’s existing Invisalign Outcome Simulator technology and adds the benefits of the Company’s ClinCheck “In-Face” Visualization tool that combines a photo of a patient’s face with their 3D treatment simulation, creating a truly personalized view of how their new smile could look.
- iTero-exocad Connector™ – integrates iTero intraoral camera and NIRI images within exocad DentalCAD 3.1 Rijeka software and allows dental professionals to visualize the internal and external structure of teeth.