Rochester, NY, USA — Carestream Health was awarded 61 new patents from the US Patent and Trademark Office in 2015 for innovations in radiography, cone beam CT imaging, healthcare IT, dental imaging and other areas. The company also received 64 additional patents in European and Asian countries last year.
“These patents demonstrate Carestream’s continued success in developing and protecting advanced technologies across our global businesses,” said Susan Parulski, Chief Patent Counsel for Carestream. “We are committed to delivering new products and technologies that are reliable, easy to use, and enable our customers to improve the quality and value of their services.”
New patents earned by the company’s scientists and engineers include:
- New image capture technologies related to the development of cone beam computed tomography (CT) systems designed for orthopaedic extremity imaging;
- Enhancements to Carestream’s proven portfolio of healthcare IT systems that manage, store and share patient data and medical imaging exams;
- Continued technology advances in Carestream’s growing portfolio of radiology systems that can enhance medical image quality for a wide range of healthcare providers;
- New technology and features for dental imaging, dental image processing and software and dental restoration systems;
- Continued developments in Carestream imagers and media that provide affordable printing of digital x-ray exams onto medical film and paper; and
- New product features for Carestream Advanced Materials in the area of transparent conductive films for use in flexible touch panel displays for such products as digital wrist devices, smart phones, digital tablets, laptops and electronic displays.
The company’s product portfolio includes digital imaging systems for general radiology and speciality areas such as women’s health, orthopaedics and paediatrics; digital imagers that output medical images to film and paper; and the latest healthcare IT solutions and cloud-based services for hospitals, clinics and physician practices. Carestream’s Dental division develops and markets film and digital imaging solutions, anaesthetics and practice management software.
Carestream Advanced Materials is a high-quality developer of transparent conductive films based on silver nanowire technology, with research and development facilities and distribution centres throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas.
In 2014, Carestream was awarded 66 patents from the US Patent and Trademark Office, as well as 34 patents in countries outside of the US.