exocad, an Align Technology company and dental CAD/CAM software provider, has announced that exoplan 3.0 Galway, the latest version of its implant planning software, is now US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)- cleared and available for use in the US. The new release supports the planning of edentulous cases, including the design of surgical guides.
“We are excited to announce the release of exoplan 3.0 Galway in the United States and enthused about the new possibilities it presents our users to enter the world of guided surgery,” said Tillmann Steinbrecher, CEO of exocad. “exoplan 3.0 Galway provides dental practices and laboratories with a digital implant planning workflow that offers an open collaboration and maximum flexibility.”
exoplan 3.0 Galway is a powerful and efficient software package for virtual implant planning. Customised surgical guides can be designed using the Guide Creator software module and then produced in a laboratory, dental practice, or an external production centre.
With 40 new features, as well as enhancements to over 60 existing functionalities, the Galway release represents a major advancement in guided surgery through improved integration with DentalCAD, exocad’s dental CAD software.
“As the world’s premier supplier of dental CAD software, we provide our customers with the ideal symbiosis of prosthetic and implant planning,” said Larry Bodony, president of exocad America. “We enable our software users to achieve predictable results in a cost- and time-efficient manner, which can help drive greater customer satisfaction.”
Key features of exoplan 3.0 Galway include:
• Planning of edentulous cases and design of the respective surgical guides, including necessary tools such as dual scan protocol, anchor pin placement, and fixation guide
• Surgical and fixation guides that can be freely designed or based on a prosthesis scan
• New tools to speed up the entire planning process
• Improved implant selection dialogue
• Automatic panoramic curve detection
• More implant libraries, now with over 378 implant systems and 6,572 implants from more than 59 manufacturers
• Virtual tooth extraction on optical scans
• Clearly marked sinus cavity imaging and the ability to check if implants are intruding upon the sinus cavity
exocad names its releases after current EU “European Capitals of Culture” and selected the Irish city of Galway for this release.