Awards ceremony with nine finalist teams in the Spanish capital
On the eve of the third International Expert Symposium hosted by Ivoclar Vivadent in Madrid, the winners of the IPS e.max Smile Award 2016 were announced and the awards were presented. This prize recognises exceptional achievements and work done using the IPS e.max.
Three finalist teams from three different regions of the world attended the awards ceremony, which marked the end of the contest. The excitement was palpable until the very end as the teams only found out whether they had won in their category during the actual prize-giving event itself.
- 1st place: (Japan) Dr. Tetsuya Uchiyama (2nd from right) and Mr. Michiro Manaka (2nd from left)
- 2nd place: (Korea) Dr. Jineel Ham and Mr. Ha Seong Yoo
- 3rd place: (China) Dr. Baijun Sun and Mr. Benhui Du
Europe | Middle East | Africa
- 1st place: (Germany) Prof. Dr. Petra Gierthmühlen (not in photo) and Mr. Udo Plaster, MDT (middle)
- 2nd place: (Spain) Dr. Ferran Llansana and Mr. Juan Sampol Reus
- 3rd place: (Greece) Dr. Anna Giorgadze and Mr. Ilias Psarris
North and South America
- 1st place: (USA) Dr. Luis R. Sanchez Ramirez (2nd from right) and Mr. Alen Alić (2nd from left)
- 2nd place: (Colombia) Dr Gabriela M. Pappaterra Torbay and Mr. Libardo García Tolosa
- 3rd place: (Mexico) C.D. Lucio A. Quevedo Hernández and Mr. Ramón A. Sánchez Hernández
Flanking the winners in all photos are Dr. Laurent Schenck (Ivoclar Vivadent, left) and Miss World Baleares 2015 Natalia Ferrer Fernández (right) who offered their congratulations to all winners.
A passion for dentistry
The judging panel was impressed by the high quality of the winning entries. All the projects showed exceptional creative flair. The dentists and dental technicians provided their patients with outstanding service. Panel member Dr. Sidney Kina was particularly pleased with the commitment and motivation shown by the teams: “Each team gave its best to strike a perfect balance between form and function. I can feel a passion for dentistry in all the photos.” His colleague, Mr. Oliver Brix, added that all the teams had earned utmost respect and the highest acclaim for their work.
IPS e.max® is a registered trademark of Ivoclar Vivadent AG.