Dental product provider Pac-Dent has unveiled an expansion to its line of Rodin 3D resin printing materials with the introduction of the Rodin Sculpture 2.0 and Rodin Titan.
The Rodin Sculpture 2.0 is a next-generation Zirconia-infused nanohybrid resin that aims to provide flexural strength and ceramic filler content values, allowing the material to deliver good wear, fracture resistance, and standards in the ceramic-nanohybrid industry. Sculpture 2.0 features an increase in ceramic filler content reportedly to over 60% and a Biaxial Flexural Strength of over 200MPa.
Key advancements of Rodin Sculpture 2.0 include:
• Mechanical Strength: Rodin Sculpture 2.0 offers resistance to wear and fracture, providing patients with enduring long-term solutions.
• Aesthetics: With a selection of 16 Vita Classic shades and 2 additional bleach shades, clinicians have a wide array of customisation options. For further aesthetic enhancements, Rodin Sculpture 2.0 seamlessly pairs with acrylic-based light-curable stain and glaze systems, such as Rodin Palette.
• ADA approval for permanent restorations: Like its predecessor, Rodin Sculpture 2.0 is predominantly ceramic filled, making it eligible for 2023 ADA insurance code reimbursements, delivering benefits to both practitioners and patients.
• Radiopacity: Rodin Sculpture 2.0’s radiopacity reportedly guarantees superior x-ray clarity for precise fit checking and increased diagnostic accuracy.
Rodin Titan is a ceramic nanohybrid resin engineered for the printing of full arch restorations and provisional hybrid dentures. Rodin Titan retains the core composition of Rodin Sculpture – a class II ceramic nanohybrid with analogous ceramic filler content, but features an increase in flexibility for enhanced impact strength. This modified flexural modulus has been specifically tailored for printing full arch restorations and provisional hybrid dentures. Dental clinicians can now print long-lasting tooth arches for split file denture designs, full monolithic dentures, and immediate screw-retained dentures
Key advancements of Rodin Titan includes:
• Workflow: Titan’s formulation reportedly enables quick and accurate printing, streamlining chairside workflows, providing professionals with reliable and quick delivery of products to their patients.
• VITA shade matching: Rodin Titan is available in 6 vita shades (BL0, BL3, B1, A1, A2, and A3) providing clinicians with the versatility to replicate natural aesthetics for easy integration with patients’ smiles.
• Translucency and radiopacity: Rodin Titan mimics natural tooth translucency and ensures precise visualisation of provisionals within the oral cavity, facilitating effective fit assessment and verification.
Moreover, Pac-Dent also announced an improved to its AntiSplatr disposable prophy angle. The improvements to the AntiSplatr Disposable Prophy Angle features technology aimed at enhancing the safety and efficiency of dental professionals, reinforcing existing infection control protocols by actively mitigating the risk of cross-contamination from splatters.
Features and benefits of the AntiSplatr disposable prophy angle include:
• Splatter fender removes accumulated paste and bodily fluids by up to 100%
• Helps protect against the risk of cross-contamination
• Spiral blades allow for optimum paste retention
• Optimal cup lip and flare allows for greater subgingival access