GOJO Industries, the makers of PURELL products, has expanded its surface hygiene portfolio with the launch of PURELL Healthcare Surface Disinfecting Wipes. The new offering delivers a combination of efficacy and peace of mind.
PURELL® Healthcare Surface Disinfecting Wipes kills germs in a one-step, hospital-grade surface disinfecting wipes. These ethyl alcohol-based wipes:
- Quickly eliminate 99.9% of bacteria and viruses of concern, including all ESKAPE pathogens, seven of the most common drug-resistant bacteria, and viruses significant to the healthcare environment (including bloodborne pathogens, influenza A, respiratory syncytial virus, and norovirus) in two minutes or less
- Kills the virus that causes COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) in only 30 seconds
- Earned the EPA’s lowest allowable toxicity rating (Category IV)
- Are FDA Food Code compliant – food-contact, no-rinse approved for use on meal trays, over-bed tables, breakrooms, and more
- Formulation does not contain quats, bleach, fragrances, harsh fumes, or precautionary statements
- Compatible with most hard, nonporous surfaces and electronic devices, as well as touchscreens
- Proven to cover three to five times the average surface area covered by two of the leading healthcare surface disinfecting wipes on the market – allowing healthcare facilities to confidently do more with less.1
“We develop solutions based on learnings from decades of experience working with hospitals and in other healthcare settings, so providers have more time to focus on what matters most – caring for their patients,” said Greg Conner, healthcare vice-president and general manager, GOJO Industries. “These versatile wipes deliver a combination of broad-spectrum efficacy and quick kill times with surface compatibility and the lowest EPA toxicity rating – all backed by preference for the PURELL brand, the most trusted brand in hospitals.”*
The new offering builds upon the PURELL brand’s successful entry into surface solutions that originated with its PURELL Sanitizing and Disinfecting Sprays, which are used for daily disinfection of hard or soft surfaces where broader coverage is needed.
Last summer, the brand launched PURELL Professional Surface Disinfecting Wipes and PURELL Foodservice Surface Sanitizing Wipes, which are designed to be used in a variety of professional and foodservice settings where frequent and fast disinfection of hard surfaces is needed, including schools, offices, restaurants, grocery stores, convenience stores, and health and fitness facilities.
“GOJO is in an even better position to support our customers’ needs today and into the future, thanks to significant investments in our manufacturing, distribution, and supply chain capabilities,” added Conner. “Over the past 18 months, GOJO activated an additional 2.5 million square feet of manufacturing space, added three new manufacturing and distribution facilities, and expanded its US-based supply chain capabilities, including securing a captive source of high-grade ethanol through a strategic sourcing partnership.”
GOJO is certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a Women’s Business Enterprise, so purchasing these Wipes or other PURELL® products can help customers achieve their supplier diversity goals and demonstrate their commitment to fostering diversity and equity.
*2020 Internet Brand Survey MR#006-090, GOJO Industries, November 2020
- Based on 5 PURELL Surface Wipes vs 5 of leading competitive wipe and two-minute dry time. GOJO Development Lab, 2945R1R1; LIMS #: P21-0084-001