Clinical speakers and agenda for the Periodontic/Hygiene track confirmed for the largest educational festival in digital dentistry
Dentsply Sirona, The Dental Solutions Company™, confirms list of Periodontic/Hygiene specialists speaking during new breakout track at SIROWORLD in Orlando, Florida.
Hosted at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort from August 11 to 13, SIROWORLD is a three-day educational festival where thousands of dental professionals are expected to gather to gain invaluable training and education during content-rich general sessions and breakout sessions, network with peers and visit the 95,000 square-foot trade show floor featuring the best products and services within the dental industry, all while earning 18+ Continuing Education (CE) credits.
SIROWORLD: The Ultimate Dental Meeting offers 12 educational tracks with more than 100 breakout sessions available for attendees to customise their ultimate educational experience. This year, Dentsply Sirona introduced a new track: Periodontics/Hygiene.
Periodontics/Hygiene speakers presenting at SIROWORLD include*:
1. Heidi Arndt, RDH – Ms. Arndt is the founder and CEO of Enhanced Hygiene, a coaching and training organisation that helps foster the growth, development and profitability between dental hygiene teams and the dental practice. With more than 18 years of dental experience, she worked as a dental assistant, a treatment coordinator and practice manager before graduating from dental hygiene school in 1999.
- “Hygiene Business Rule #1: Know Your Numbers” – monitoring key metrics in the hygiene department
- “Grand Slam Hygiene Exam” – executing a productive, efficient and patient-centric hygiene exam in three simple steps
2. Kristy Menage Bernie, RDH, BS, RYT – Co-founder and director of Educational Designs, a company dedicated to providing consultation services to major dental companies, Ms. Bernie is a nationally recognised speaker and recently celebrated her 30th year in the hygiene industry. She has served on editorial boards for state and national publications, and also serves as an assistant clinical professor at the University of California, San Francisco.
- “Paradigm Shifts in Periodontal Therapy: Implementing Evolving Protocols” – new methods to prevent and manage periodontal disease
- “Paradigm Shifts in Caries Management: Implementation of CAMBRA” – CAMBRA (caries management by risk assessment), a research-based, systematic method to prevent and treat caries
3. Patti DiGangi, RDH, BS – Known for her leadership and vision, Ms. DiGangi is a highly sought-after presenter in the industry. She holds publishing and speaking licences with the American Dental Association (ADA) for Current Dental Terminology 2016 and Systematised Nomenclature for Dentistry (SNODENT) diagnostic coding. Invited by ADA to write a chapter in CDT 2017 Companion, she is a respected writer and authored the DentalCodeology series of easy-to-read, bite-size books for busy people.
- “Connecting the Dots: Coding to Care and the New 2017 Gingivitis Code” – changes to 2017 coding procedures, specifically those for gingivitis
- The second breakout topic will be announced as the information becomes available.
4. Maria Goldie, RDH, MS – Ms. Goldie is recognised worldwide for her seminars through her company, Seminars for Women’s Health and Sex-Based Medicine, and is a noted researcher, author and speaker. A member of several associations and editorial boards, she has won numerous awards, formerly served as the editor-in-chief of Modern Hygienist and is currently editorial director of Pennwell’s RDH eVillage Focus. She served as the President of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) from 1997 to 1998, and aided an advisory panel to develop “The Future of Dental Hygiene Report”, and is the immediate past president of the International Federation of Dental Hygienists (IFDH).
- “Risk Assessment and Supportive Therapy for Implants” – protocols for implant maintenance and ensuring healthy implants
- “Oral Cancer and HPV: What’s Sex Got to do with It?” – oral cancer detection, risk factors and prevention strategies and the complications presented by HPV
Early Bird pricing is now available for those who register for SIROWORLD through May 31. Registration for doctors is just $1,695 (regularly $1,995). Staff/spouse/guest/technician registration is only $995 (regularly $1,195) plus buy three, get one FREE.
VIP tickets are available for SIROWORLD for an additional $500. VIP tickets include reserved seating, upgraded dining options and special admittance into SIROWORLD entertainment events.