At Straumann’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Basel, the shareholders approved all the proposals put forward by the Board of Directors. The meeting was attended by 362 shareholders who, together with proxies, represented 80 per cent of the total share capital.
The meeting approved the following:
- The Management Report, the Annual Financial Statements, the Consolidated Financial Statements and – in a consultative vote – the Compensation Report, for the 2015 business year.
- The appropriation of the available earnings in 2015: CHF 63.2 million for the 2015 dividend and CHF 733.7 million carried forward to the new accounts. The approved dividend corresponds to CHF 4.00 per share, an increase from CHF 3.75, which Straumann has maintained, despite challenging times, since 2008. The dividend will be paid as of April 14, 2016; the ex-dividend date is April 12, 2016.
- The discharge of the Board of Directors for the 2015 business year.
- The fixed compensation of the Board of Directors for the period commencing with today’s AGM and ending at the 2017 AGM in a maximum amount of CHF 2.3 million, 40 per cent of which will be paid in shares that are blocked for two years.
- The compensation of the Executive Management, including a short-term variable compensation of CHF 5.3 million for the 2015 business year, a maximum long-term, variable compensation for the 2016 business year of CHF 2.8 million and a maximum total fixed compensation of CHF 5.8 million the period from April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017.
- An increase of the contingent share capital to CHF 44,000 (with a corresponding amendment of the Articles of Association), the purpose of which is to ensure the continuation of share-based incentive plans and share ownership programmes for employees.
- An increase in the number of mandates that members of the Executive Management may have in listed companies outside the Straumann Group to two (with a corresponding amendment of the Articles of Association).
- The re-election of Mr. Gilbert Achermann as Member and Chairman of the Board, as well as Dr. Sebastian Burckhardt, Mr. Roland Hess, Mr. Ulrich Looser, Dr. Beat Lüthi, Mr. Stefan Meister and Dr. h.c. Thomas Straumann as Board Members – each for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Mr. Ulrich Looser, Dr. Beat Lüthi and Mr. Stefan Meister to the Compensation Committee for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Neovius Schlager & Partner in Basel as the independent voting representative for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Ernst & Young AG, Basel, as auditors for the 2016 business year.
The next ordinary general meeting of Straumann’s shareholders will be convened on April 7, 2017 at the Basel Congress Centre.