Geistlich Biomaterials, a United States-based company offering a portfolio of intentionally-designed and clinically-proven biomaterials, has announced the exclusive marketing partnership for the ground-breaking product Yxoss CBR® — a customised 3D printed titanium scaffold developed to regenerate complex alveolar bone defects that can be combined with their leading biomaterials Geistlich Bio-Oss® and Geistlich Bio-Gide®.
Using a digital workflow to fit the individual anatomy of each patient, Yxoss CBR® has revolutionised the utilisation of titanium mesh in complex bone augmentation procedures.
The manufacturer ReOss® uses the most up-to-date CAD/CAM technology available to satisfy patient-specific requirements regarding a planned bone augmentation. In a patented process, a contoured, form-stable scaffold is 3D-printed out of the purest titanium based on CT (computed tomography) or CBCT (cone-beam computed tomography system) images, allowing for customised bone regeneration (CBR®).
Yxoss CBR® offers the following:
- Innovative solution for regenerating complex alveolar bone defects by taking advantage of CBCT data combined with 3D printing technology
- Opportunity to reduce surgery time without complex adaptations
- Easy Removal Design® with pre-defined breaking points for easy removal of Yxoss CBR® on re-entry
- High stability and space maintenance
- Bone volume augmentation calculation for case planning, provided by ReOss®
- Unique integrated implant positioning in the surgical planning – Yxoss CBR® backward (optional)